Pack Like a Pro 101

11:30

We've all been there, it's 5pm the day before your flight, you have to be up in 12 hours to get to the airport and you have put off packing for long enough. I don't dislike packing, but I do find it time-consuming and used to always find myself packing the wrong things. So, I wanted to share my tips and tricks on how to pack your suitcase like a pro (and not be stressed while doing it). 


The Power of Matching Clothes
This is something I am still trying to educate myself on, but being able to mix and match all the clothes in your suitcase is a major help when your away. It's easy to throw in that top that you love and those jeans which are great, but when you get off your 12 hour flight and you realise nothing in your suitcase goes with each other you will not be happy. This year, I'm trying to stick to a colour platte of black, white and grey to keep things tied up.

Pack Your Shoes at the Bottom (and stuff in socks!)
No, I don't think your an idiot but when I watched my boyfriend pack his suitcase a couple of weeks ago I watched him put his shoes into the zip-side of the suitcase! Noooo - whack your shoes at the bottom of the suitcase. I have no real rhyme or reason for this tip other than it's always what I've done and makes the case feel complete! My tip would be however to make sure you stuff your socks into your shoes for extra suitcase space a.k.a another make-up bag.

Roll It Up
Yeah, you've heard it everywhere but roll your clothes! This not only saves space but also makes sure you clothes don't crease. Major plus when you hate ironing as much as I do.

Adaptors & Toothbrushes
The two items I never fail to forget to pack. As soon as you get your suitcase out, just throw an adaptor in the bottom of it. You'll thank me later. 
As for toothbrushes, I'm in no real position to advise with this one considering I've bought a new toothbrush for nearly every holiday I've been on - all I can say is don't follow in my footsteps.

You Will Always Forget One Thing
Always. No matter how many times you check and double check, as soon as you start travelling to the airport you will realise that you have forgotten something. Now, I find this quite reassuring because as soon as I've realised the one thing that I have forgotten, I can just relax and not worry about it anymore! 

Let's just hope it's not my passport one day.

E.x

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. definitely recommend rolling stuff up too! not only does it take up less space, but you can roll perfume bottles in too so they don't break :)

    xo Sarah
    Absolutely Sarah | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this post! I'm off on holiday next week and I always pack too much stuff x

    http://emmaboughtwhat.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe