BEAUTY: Kylie Jenner Lip Kit Review | Dolce K & True Brown K

14:19

I can openly admit, with pride, that Kylie Jenner is my spirit animal. I'm obsessed with her fashion, her makeup and just generally enjoying following what she gets up to. So, when I heard she was releasing a lip kit - I was all over it. The first launch - I was ready and despite the collection selling out in 30 second (what) I managed to get my hands on two of the sold out colour. Dolce K and True Brown K. Now, the only issue is I have the world's driest lips. As in, I spend hours and so much dollar trying to keep my lips silky smooth, but no luck within a couple of hours of stepping out the door my lips and cracking up. Not such a great look for matte lipsticks. Despite this, I was so excited to try out Kylie's lip kits. So see my review of both colours below:

Packaging: 


I'm obsessed with the packaging choice. Simple, but bold. The dripping lips is so eye catching and I've heard that the lips pictured are actually Kylie's own lips.

Price:
I have no problem with the price at all. The lip kit costs $29 which is just under 20 for a lip liner AND a liquid lipstick. Considering you're paying nearly that each for a liner and lipstick from MAC I think this is a really reasonable price. Obviously there was the flat shipping rate on top of this, but considering it was being sent to London, again I found it reasonable. 

Colour: 
My favourite colour of the two is for sure Dolce K. Everytime I wear the colour, someone comments on the colour. Dolce K is a really grungy 90s brown. It is darker than I expected, but I think the colour is really nice. True Brown K is slightly harder to wear. It is really dark and dramatic, I could not wear this colour for work as it it a bit too much. However, I am using it for evenings and night outs as it is a really pretty colour. I was worried that the dark colour might not suit my skin tone as I am very pale, but weirdly enough I think it looks nice and when I was searched other people's reviews it seems to pretty much suit every skin tone.

Quality:
Considering the quality did not have to be good for this product to sell, it is actually one of my favourite lip products in terms of quality. I can put Dolce K on first thing in the morning, drink and snack throughout the morning. The only time the product starts to wear is after lunch, when it starts to fade on the inside of my lips. However, the best way to keep the product lasting all day is to apply lip balm to fade the edges together and give some moisture back into the lips. With this product also being a matte lipstick, I thought it would dry my lips out. But actually it didn't at all, it looks matte on but doesn't crack or flake off my lips which is great.

True Brown K actually started flaking off a lot earlier for me. I thought it would have the same staying power as Dolce K but weirdly dried my lips out. I still really like the product but I couldn't wear it all day and I couldn't keep up with the re-applications.

Have you tried any of Kylie's Lip Kits?

E. x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe