MINI THE BODY SHOP HAUL

12:26

Until a couple of months ago, I did not give one 'eff about my skin care routine. I found the whole thing extremely time consuming and frankly, expensive. However, when I admitted this bold statement to my beauty obsession friend, I was really told off. Since then, and since being shown the light of all the amazing skincare products and how much of a difference they can all make - I've become a little bit obsessed at trying them all out!



My friend recommended me to try The Body Shop products - cheap and cheerful - I wondered into one of their many shops to take a gander. I was so overwhelmed with choice of cleaners, toners and every type of moisturiser you could imagine. Since I have very dry skin, I settled on buying my moisturiser from their Aloe range which is designed with sensitive skin in mind and I chose both the day and night moisturiser. Upon recommendation of my friend, I also picked up the Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil.

Now that I have been using these products for a couple of weeks, I feel I can give them a proper review. So firstly, my new holy grail product, the Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil. This stuff is amazing, and a complete steal at £11. I apply the oil to a dry face (full of my days worth of make-up) after rubbing it in my hands for a couple of seconds to warm it up. As soon as I apply this to my whole face - am I'm talking whole face, eyes and all! - it effortlessly melts away my make-up leaving me panda eyed and ready for a good wash. Note - unlike other cleansers I've used, using this on your eyes is super gentle and does not sting at all.

After I've rubbed it all over my face, I take a wet flannel and wash it all off. And it really is as simple as that. It leaves my skin feeling super soft and just generally - cleaner! For someone who can never be bothered the take their make-up off, this is such a time saver and has really transformed my skin care routine!



Next up is the Aloe Soothing Day & Night Cream. I originally just wanted to get the day cream, as it was a really nice texture and felt quite light - but also gel-like. But when I went to pay I was told it was 3 for 2 on all skin care products, so I thought why not go the whole hog and get a night cream as well.

The night cream sits on my bedside table and I've been applying it every night after using the cleansing oil. So far, I have liked the night cream - although I still do find it a little heavy sometimes. If I'm having super sensitive skin day I will just stick to the day cream at night time too. I do try to use the night cream most nights though as it is probably doing my skin a world of good overnight!

I'm absolutely loving the day cream! It is so light and amazing to use as a base before putting on my foundation in the morning. It feels very watery as well, which really wakes me up. I would defiantly give this product a 5 out of 5 - and it's fab for super sensitive skin.

That's all for my mini Body Shop haul so far - although my success has definitely made me want to try out more of their products! Do you have any you can recommend? Have you also used these products? Let me know in the comments!


E. x 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe